alex - boulder, Colorado
Themes: carpe diem

Alex Willing

Mr. Lewis

American Literature 3

3 November 2007

I believe that everyone should live their lives to the fullest. Life is a very beautiful thing that you only get one shot at. Although sometimes it might seem like your life is going to hell or you just can’t get around something, but really the universe and everything in it works out how it is meant to be. I believe that many people take life for advantage and don’t understand that they are only given one chance; many people decide to ruin their lives by abusing substances. Along with the substance abusers there are many people that cut their life short by doing stupid things like murder, steal, or commit suicide; I believe that all these things just show that a person is an insecure individual that cannot control the stressors that are thrown at them in life. I believe that that there are many things that contribute to living your life to the fullest and you really have to work towards accomplishing your goals. One of the main things that contributes to living your life to the fullest is being happy with what you have, sure there are many people that are very poor in this world but many of them are happy and just keep on living the way they have always known to.

I believe that there are way too many people in this world that get overly angry about the small details and dwell on everything that goes wrong in their lives. For example this past year has not been going as well as I had been hoping, I didn’t make the golf team, I didn’t make either of the hockey teams I wanted to, and I got my license taken away twice. When I was first looking at my situation I thought only about all that had gone wrong and didn’t see that now I could be a leader and a great player in this new hockey league, also I did not realize that without golf I would have lots more time to spend time with the ones who I love and enjoy being around.

In conclusion I believe that everyone should stop focusing on everything that goes wrong in the crazy world around us, and just realize that better days are around the corner. Also as I mentioned earlier, I believe and have learned that the universe tends to unravel as it is meant to, so just be grateful and live life to the fullest.