Ben - Athens, Alabama

I believe in complete state of calmness in my mind and life. I hate more than anything to get angry at anyone ,not so much at anything, but that is beside the point. Anger is such a strong feeling and so is sadness. So, I guess I strive to be somewhat of a stoic but not completely stone faced all the time. I just don’t want the extremes. I want everything to be smooth ups and downs not like a roller coster of emotions.

My whole life I have strugled with anger problems and just in the past couple of years have I been able to get these emotions under control. Through the search for this calmness I found the philosophys of martial arts. Even though I had been studing martial arts for years I never looked into the philosophys behind these arts. When I did, I found that through training your body in turn you are training you mind to be sharper and as you go on you learn to settle many things without violence. There are countless stories of old masters showing this and in many different forms, and eventually teach this to students.

Inner peace is a lifelong goal and it is one I strive to reach everyday. I only wish I can reach this goal. So, everyday I try to get rid of not only the anger but the saddness and just find how good each day is in its entirety.