drew - 80503, Colorado
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in LIVING IN THE NOW

This I believe…

I believe that people should stop worrying about the small details, like, I’ve got to get this homework done or I’m going to fail this class. If you think about the details, you get stressed out.

If you live in the now, then you can live a stress-free life. If I don’t get a good grade in this class, I might not be able to go to college. If I don’t get good grades, I won’t get the car I’ve always wanted. By thinking about the future too much, you forget about the things that are happening around you. When you live in the now, you’re having a happier time. If I was always worrying about what I’m doing tonight, what’s happening tomorrow, how my parents are going to react if I do this or that, then I’m wasting my time.

The reason I’ve come to believe in LIVING IN THE NOW is because my parents have asked me what I want to do in the future and I can’t tell them what I want to be. I don’t know. So I just figured why worry about stuff I can’t predict when I can just live and do what I’m doing and not have to worry about stuff. I believe in having fun, doing things I enjoy. Some of the things I enjoy are chilling with people. I love my car and I love driving. I enjoy naps. I enjoy sitting there watching TV and not having to worry about anything going wrong.

Probably the most favorite “now” thing for me is to watch and be part of sporting activities. Watching the Rockies participate in the World Series was insane. I’m not concerned that they didn’t win, I was glad to watch them play. Saturday I was at the CU Buffs home game against Missouri. I loved watching the game and being part of the crowd, even though they were destroyed by Missouri. So I was living in the moment.

I think we all need to have a positive attitude towards things and just enjoy what you’re doing, because in the end you’ll be a happier person. You can go into a school day having a negative attitude, like you just want to be home sleeping, and your day will just like suck. But if you think positive about your day, then you’ll appreciate the things around you more.