Ashley - Minnesota

This I Believe:

A year ago I was saying, “Why me? Why can’t I just be a normal kid and feel happy?” Little did I know this past year has shaped me into the person that I am today. I believe that the hard things you go through in life make you a stronger person and help you become the individual you are supposed to be.

Life is a precious gift that each person is given. I think that because life is handed to us we need to do what we can to make it the best for ourselves. Life is not an easy thing, it’s constantly a rollercoaster and each stumble you take enables you to see things you may not have noticed before.

Since seventh grade I have been forced to mature way beyond my years. Along the way I have learned so much more about myself that I ever thought possible. The reason I believe that every person needs to go through a hard time is because after they come out of that experience, whether they realize it or not, they are a stronger person. Even though I am only seventeen years old I have been through the ups and downs of life; I have been on the verge of suicide more than once. Since I have been through that, and I am still here today makes me realize how strong of a person I actually am.

The difficult things in life, although they may suck at the moments, shape your future and help define the person you are going to be. Each experience you go through happens for a reason and no matter how big or small it happens to be, it is a shaping factor in your future.

Being able to control yourself during a rough patch makes you a strong person. Understanding how you can use your experience to shape your life for the better makes you an even stronger person. It’s not easy, no one said it was, but you have to keep hope. Keep hope that things will get better, and keep hope that this thing, whatever it may be is an important part of your life and is helping shape you.

In conclusion I believe that the hard things you go through in life make you a stronger person and help you become the individual you are supposed to be. No matter how hard things get there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and no matter how hard things are you are capable of getting through it