Kelsey - Boulder, Colorado

Something that I do whenever I am feeling down or just whenever is listening to music. It can make you feel better and make you a better a person. It can make you stronger and feel less bad. Music can bring everyone together or tear them all apart but mostly just keeps them together. I like thinking that everyone, everywhere has some kind of music that they listen to and that is one of a very few similar ties between everyone in the world. The music of drums in Africa and the pop music that we have here may not sound the same but in reality it is. Almost all music that I have heard has a similar message of love rather that hate.

Music can make anything better. Have you ever seen a movie or TV show that you really like? Try to remember the music it probably made better. It makes bad TV shows a lot better and it can help set the mood. If you are sad you can listen to music about something sad and it usually makes you feel better. Music can take your mind off of bad things or things you don’t want to think about. Music also makes thing recognizable; I think that everyone could recognize Monday Night Foot ball theme or themes for food products

To me music is all this and more. I listen to music whenever I am doing my homework (including this paper). I can listen to it anytime. I like that there are so many different types that you can listen to when you have different feelings. When your sad there is slow music, when you happy fast tempo music, for sports rap and pep up music and just any time music that contains all the different types of music. It brings me and my friends together and helps me meet new people. Overall, Music is what you want it to be and that’s what I like the most. I like that you can listen to whatever type you want and it can be about what ever you take it to be about. My belief in music may not be as significant as others to me it’s just as important.