Cheyenne - Simi Valley, California

I have this teacher named john and everyday in his class he has this positive quote and every Monday he reads us a different essay from a site called this i believe, and everyday, especially Mondays, i feel so much better. i believe hearing things like that on a daily basis can help anyone out with any situation. weather its finally understanding that if your not getting the newest ipod your life is not going to end, that there is someone out in the world, the exact same one you and i both live in is dieing because they cant even eat.

i came to this realization when i got a job a few months ago. my parents wouldn’t buy me everything i wanted. i would say why not its just x number of dollars. well when i got my first pay check i was amazed and said what? how is this possibly i worked SO long and SO hard it has to be a mistake. then i found out i got taxes taken out and added up my hours and it was right. i looked at my mom and said wow how do you do it. she said well i make more than you, but its still not easy with all the bills and food. so i started thinking about how selfish I’ve been for 16 years and how bad i think i should feel and how great i do feel. i feel good because i try to help other people understand what i understand and i try to make people that do (what i think is bad for me) bad things to themselves stop. I’m 16 years old and i don’t drink i don’t smoke pot and i don’t do any kinds of drugs. i don’t do those things because I’m grateful for everything i am given. i was given life and I’m grateful of god and my parents for that. and if i caused something or did something to end what i was given i know it would devastate my parents and god. so that’s why i chose to live the way i do i know while your reading this your probably saying wow shes all over the place, and your right, i am but the only thing I’m trying to say it the most important thing I’ve every learned in my life and its that if you think you have it bad someone else always has it worse. its kind of a weird saying but the way i see it is i shouldn’t be upset over something so irrelevant when i know that i could be out doing something more important with my time like helping someone live or helping someone get food… anything that can help besides me sitting in my room on myspace posting a bulletin saying “I hate my life. its awful!” i have been there so many times before its sad. but ever since i heard that saying someone always has it worse i want to help that someone else instead of dwell on my unimportant drama. 2007 and 2008 will be life changing I’m already working on 2007 because i don’t want to be another cliche person and decide to just start when the years over. why not start now?I believe everyone should start now.