Jay - Taylor/TX/76574, Texas

This I believe

I believe that Americans look around at our justice system and how it deals with criminals and thinks what we really need is a superhero. A man six and a half feet tall with unlimited power and the outstanding ability to know right from wrong and punish those who choose the wrong. All I can say to that is life is not a movie. Even if there were some masked hero we could all believe in the nature and amount of crime would make it impossible to keep under control. We do not need some caped freak. We need true Americans to simply stand up for what they believe. Stop blaming others and if you see something wrong try to fix it. I believe the reason that crime is so out of control is because no one is willing to take responsibility for his or her own actions anymore. It is always someone else’s fault. I am not what you would call “old fashion” but I do know that there was a time people spoke to each other with respect and when a mistake was made the individual whom made the mistake owned up to it and took responsibility for their actions. The justice system is stretched to thin. They are criticized for the high crime rates and then when crimes rates are down they are told that they are abusing their power. There will always be those in the public that are there to help those who do not want to take responsibility for their actions and blame law enforcement for their crimes. Law enforcement can only do so much and many of those in power are more concerned with getting reelected than actually changing anything so it is up to us. People need to stand up to those who are wrong. That out there doing harm to others making good honest hardworking peoples lives that much harder. We don’t need a superhero, we need Americans to be proactive and take responsibility for their own actions.