Monica - Hampton Falls, New Hampshire
Themes: carpe diem

I believe that the purpose of life is to have fun with it. Without fun and happiness you have nothing, and I believe that that’s how it is for everyone. You can be a successful person who has worked hard for everything that you’ve ever wanted, and then have it, but it doesn’t mean anything if you aren’t having fun and being alive. Because when you’re doing what you love is when you’re really living.

My uncle is just one of those people who stays young at heart and never really grows up, and I’ve always looked up to him for it, especially after one day when I was about eight or nine that I can distinctly remember.

So on this certain day I was hanging out with my friend Tania. We were bored, so I decided that we should go and say hello to my uncle since he was right next door.

When he answered the door he had music blasting inside, and we were lead in by the inviting aroma of incense. I don’t remember how we ended up this way, but somehow in the next hour we started dancing on the faded carpet of his living room to random nineties hip hop songs, for hours until it got dark. We were dancing like freaks, and if anyone would have seen us they would have thought that it was such a strange spectacle, but we were in the deepest state of ecstasy. The feeling where you don’t care about anything at all except that moment. We were all smiles and we were laughing the whole time. Everything we said or did was funny. No worries, just a good time. And the whole thing was just so silly because it was the simplest of things – dancing around the living room with a couple of people that I loved, but it managed to make me so incredibly happy.

I’ve always been a person to forget their responsibilities and troubles and just live in the moment and have fun, but ever since that day I’ve always tried to just be able to let go and take life as it is and never let my troubles get in the way of living.

I never ever want to grow up, period. Adults just don’t seem be able to have fun the way kids do. Kids are wild. As an adult, you have responsibilities, and after awhile they become such a burden, that life becomes a series of things that need to be taken care of, a to-do list of sorts. And all work and no play is not what I have in mind for my future. Adults aren’t wild. They’re tame. Unless they learn to sit back and relax and not take life too seriously. If you let life

I believe that life’s obstacles are there to shape you and make you a better person. You could never learn anything if you didn’t have problems. Without serious or bad times you wouldn’t stay grounded. There is such thing as too much fun. Without the bad, you wouldn’t know what the good is. I believe that that is why we have problems. To change and to grow and learn.

The real purpose of life though, to me, is to be happy and have fun. After all, when you think about it, everything we as humans have ever done or built or made has been centered around trying to be a happy human race as a whole. Everyone’s main goal in life is to be happy. And that’s why I think that you should do just that. Enjoy life and do what you like, and that’s what I believe in.