maddie - eden prairie, Minnesota
Themes: sports

Every night before I go to bed I plug my phone in and make sure the cover is facing the ground. Before every soccer game I make sure my left ring finger is taped, I have a piece of red pre-wrap in, and I have a black hair binder in. You may have realized now that I believe in superstition. My belief in superstition formed when I became a freshman in high school, mostly during the fall season when I have soccer. It began with my soccer coach and how superstitious he was. Before every game we have to meet in the baseball dugout and sit in the exact same spot the rest of the year. Our coach then starts his speech at exactly 4:03 and when we walk out to the field we walk in a line and we stand in the same spot the rest of the year. When we enter the stadium there are two fences, when we walk by the first one we kick rocks into the fence and at the second fence we bang our right foot against the fence. For some reason, I started to be suppositious because of all of the things we did for soccer. So since then I started some superstitious things myself. I first found that whenever I played well, I would realize what I was wearing different from when I played bad and I continued to wear what I wore the day I played well. For example, when I tape my left ring finger, I have to split the roll into two sides. I only use the left side of the roll because I play better when I use that side. Say, for instance, that I play bad during a game; I have to rip the pre-wrap I used and get a new one the next day. All in all, I am very superstitious and that is what I believe in.