Heather - Deer Park, Washington

Miracles

Miracles are special stitches in the blanket of life and they happen every day even though you don’t know they do. I believe in miracles and so should you. I believe in miracles because they happen every day, and they even happen when you are not around. Miracles are an amazing thing that could happen to you, and I know this from experience.

When I was a baby I would have died, and the doctors said that I probably wouldn’t make it. I was a preemie baby, and my mom would dress me up in doll clothes because I was so small. She would pray and pray and then one day all her prayers were answered. Otherwise I wouldn’t be here right now telling you this story.

There was another part in my life where my mom was told that I was going to die. I was a little older at the time, and I fell off of a diaper changing table. She took me to the doctor, and the doctor said that I could die because I had what was called spinal meningitis. It’s a disease where your spine is not placed right in your back. If I didn’t have a good doctor who knew the signs, then I would have been dead.

There have been many times where I have almost died, and many times where I needed a miracle to happen. Sometimes miracles would happen and other times they wouldn’t, but they are always there and sometimes right under your nose. I believe in miracles because I choose to believe. I will always believe in miracles, for they have happened to me, and once they happen to you, you will believe in them as much as I do. Miracles are a wonderful stitch to form on the blanket of life.