Nathan - Spokane Valley, Washington

Nathan Tibbetts

10/25/07

What makes me happy!

What truly makes me happy is: my wife, family, friends, good times, camping, fishing, love, laughter etc….

I believe true happiness comes from within oneself. It’s not necessarily the things that surround me, or the different situations that make me happy. It’s what I choose to take from them that make the real difference. For example, the times I make myself laugh at work when no one is around, doing some silly impression or dance to make someone laugh so they have a better day and enjoying every moment I have with my family and friends.

When I look at life in a positive outlook it always seems to have a happier outcome, such as enjoying all the time I have with my wife. The times we are just sitting in the living room and reading, when we are making dinner together, and when we are talking about the day before we go to sleep. When I learned not to miss these things I realized how fortunate I am.

Some of the best times I’ve had in my life are when I’m with my family and friends! My family is very close and we always enjoy hanging out together. We get together every holiday and birthday. We spend all day together. We eat, watch sports on TV, and play cards until it gets dark.

Hanging out with my friends is a totally different story. We get a little crazy sometimes, but that’s what friends are for.

When I was about fifteen years old I went camping with two of my friends, Austin and Matt, up in the Sawtooth Mountains for a very unforgettable weekend!!! I got up at about 4:30am to get ready because Matt’s Dad was coming to pick me up at 5:00am so we could get there early for some fishing. When we got there I pulled out my fishing pole ready for anything. To my surprise, after the very first cast I had a fish on. It took me about ten minutes to get it in, but it was worth every minute. It was about twenty-three in. long. It was the biggest trout I had caught. After a little more fishing we decided to set up camp. While I was putting up my tent I looked over to my right and noticed a beautiful girl hanging around her camp fire. I looked over at Austin and said, “Look at that girl over in the other camp site.” Austin looked at me and smiled. To make a long story short, that was my first and only camping girlfriend and I will never forget it.

These are just a few of the great things that I choose to make me happy in my life. Every day I try and take the best out of life. As a result I am a better and happier person for it.