What Goes Around Comes Around

Noelia - Hampton Cove, Alabama
Themes: love, setbacks

It was my first love that broke my heart into pieces. He left me with an emptiness that no one has been able to fill.

He became my boyfriend my junior year of high school. Unfortunately he was a year older than me, which made him a senior. Since school had just started, the thought of him leaving to college had never crossed my mind. I let things be not knowing it would end up to a heartbreak. As the year was getting closer to an end, we started realizing that we could no longer be together. He was leaving and I was staying.

A month before graduation. His best friend was having a party. I had arrangements with my family and couldn’t make it to the party, so he went on his own. It was the night he met someone new. Her name was Kathy. They started talking while at the same time he was still dating me. Of course they were friends and would also be attending the same college. That was the advantage they had. So little by little we started arguing more and he would turn to her. He knew he had to let me go sooner or later. I had no clue he had met someone and was falling for her. Till the day came when he told me.

It was the worst day of my life. I was so heart broken. Thinking about it till this day still brings tears to my eyes, but it’s the past and nothing I do will change what he did to me.

He left off to college with his new girlfriend. Happy as can be. But his so-called happiness didn’t last long. It was the third month they were dating when he found out she had met someone new and was falling for him. I remember the night he called me to tell me what had happened. All I said was “Never leave the one you love for the one you like, because the one you like will leave you for the one they love.” Exactly what he did to me happened to him. This is why I am a strong believer of what goes around comes around!