Brittni - Eden Prairie, Minnesota

Getting high on life… That’s what I believe in. Being a teenager means being exposed to everything from drugs, to sex, to alcohol. However, my philosophy is that none of the feelings I could get from that trash is even comparable to the feeling I get on a natural high. A natural high comes from just being my crazy self with my friends and having a good time. I get a natural high from jamming out to music as a go for a late night jog or dancing like a maniac at the Hannah Montana concert. There is no limit to what can be done; what ever gives you the feeling of exhilaration and confidence. But, in my opinion, the best part about being high on life is the knowledge that no matter what, I always have control over what I do and what choices I’m making. Being on your own high means that there is no drug to serve as your conscience; nothing can make decisions for you but…you! So, whenever I wonder what it would feel like to get buzzed, I think about the feeling I get from just goofing off and acting crazy without drugs or alcohol and realize, it’s not worth it to try either because it would just be a waste of my time, money, and good decision making skills that have gotten me so far in life. It also instills a sense of pride in me when I can tell people, “Yeah, I don’t need that stuff, I’m doing just fine on my own,” and really mean it. It may be hard to resist temptation sometimes, but overall, if I rely on my own endorphins to make it through the day; I know I’m going to be set for life.