Elizabeth - Plymouth, Minnesota

This I believe, going out of my way to step on a crunchy leaf. I believe that whenever you are walking on a path or just on the road and you see a perfectly crunchy dead leaf go out of your way and crunch it.

I believe that crunching a crunchy leaf can do many things. One the most important it can help relieve the stress that you have during the day by putting all you energy and stress into that leaf. Second, the noise that the leaf makes can calm you down. My favorite noise is the noise of a leaf crunching and this is calming for me. Finally, crunching on a leaf that is out of the way that you would normally walk can give you an extra step and help you get more exercise.

When I was in kindergarten, we took a walk to this park that I thought was far away. While we were walking, we had to stay in a perfect single file line holding hands. We were in the middle of the path, not on the sides where the leaves were, and as I was walking I saw the perfect leaf to crunch. But I couldn’t, because then I would mess the line up behind me and I would be breaking the rules. So, as we approached the leaf I was dying to go step on it and I couldn’t and this made me more frustrated than ever before. This put me in the worst mood for the whole day. Because of this experience, I believe that everyone should be able to go out of their way no matter what the circumstance so they can step on a crunchy leaf.

This memory of this story has changed my opinion on other things as well. Instead of watching something go by and then stressing and wishing that it had happened, you should jump into something with both feet first and never let an opportunity pass you by. Because, later in life you are going to regret that you did not go over and step on that leaf.