John - Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Themes: equality

I believe in equality. Every person in this world has an equal opportunity as everyone else. For example if there is an opening for a job, and there is two candidates competing for that job a man and a women, they will be looked at as equals. Every one should be given the same chance to do things in life. Some people are not capable of playing a sport or going to school because of a disability. My belief is that no matter what you should be able to do what you want. All human being’s should be equal. Black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Jewish should have an equal opportunity in life. Equality is one of the most important things in my life.

Throughout my life I have known this one boy who was less fortunate than any kid I knew. when I was little I didn’t look at him as someone who was different than me I looked at him as a friend, someone who needed a buddy to hang out with, someone to sit buy at lunch, someone to be our shoulder when your crying, someone who will treat you as a human being. When we were growing up our class would go outside for recess and play football or soccer. Every time he was the last one picked, and nobody ever passed the ball to him. One day I was picking teams and I picked him first. When I called his name his face lit up and he was so happy. I was playing quarter back and I told him to run strait down the field. No one thought I would throw the ball to him. Therefore nobody covered him, he was wide open. I faked like I was going to run the ball, and I threw the football rite to him. He caught the ball and ran for the game-winning touchdown. From then on Tommy and me became best friends. Sadly he moved out of state when he was in 4th grade, but I will always remember him because he taught me a lesson that I will remember for the rest of my life.

Equality is one of the most important aspects of life. With out everyone being treated equal life would not be what it is like today. Throughout my life I have learned several lessons, which have stuck with me my whole life. I believe in equality among every human being.