mark - newton, Iowa

This I believe: I believe that you should spend as much time as you can with your parents and grandparents before they die.

I believe that you should spend as much time with your parents and grandparents before they die, because they are the people that have helped form who you are and what you are going to be. I think that today we tend to actually blow off our parents and grandparents because we have our friends and our jobs and it ends up that we don’t make time for them.

My father talks quiet eloquently about spending time with his grandfather, about the times they would just sit and talk, or go fishing or maybe he was helping him with chores or whatever. I can’t speak about spending time with my grandfather or my grandmother on either of my parents side because my grandfather on my dad’s side had passed away before I was born and By the time I was old enough to really get to know my grandparents on my mother’s side they were too old to do anything with.

My grandmother on my father’s side really didn’t have anything to do with my family because my father was educated and she believed he was an educated idiot. I spend as much time as I can with my parents now and I guess I have always done that because I enjoy their company and the stories they have to tell.

If you make time to spend with the people in your life that have helped shape who you are you will find that life is much more rewarding.