Mallory - Poland, Ohio
Themes: pleasure

I Believe in Coffee

It seems that as each generation progresses, traditions are subsequently fading away. For some, cultural remembrance is no longer a priority. Heritage is not as important as it once was. The once valued family dinners are a forgotten occasion. With both parents now working children are left to be raised by babysitters. Previously cherished Sundays are no longer designated for church and relaxing but instead another day of work. To most, these changes are inevitable. They were not made out of selfishness, but instead necessity. The one constant though, is that there is always time for coffee. Multitasking is utilized by talking over a hot cup of coffee. Coffee allows time for family and friends while still providing the accomplishment of a morning’s beginning or an evening’s maintenance, which is why coffee is a tradition that cannot be disregarded.

Coffee shops and Cafes are enormously popular. They can be found on every corner in the city and most all plazas in the suburbs. Not only are they a place to get your morning fix, but they also provide an environment that is perfect for socializing. Coffee houses provide an unbiased setting where all parties involved can be comfortable. The ambiance of coffee houses usually consists of mellow music, dim lighting, and neutral colors. This atmosphere allows for deep thought and reflection. These are reasons why Cafes are the perfect place for a first dates, friendly chitchat, and even focused studying. The unique background is a great conversation starter with the soothing, quietness preventing interruptions and disturbances. It’s a cool, hip place to talk about what is new with you and to stimulate debate about what is new in the world. For students, it supplies an area to study with others. You can talk and ask questions, but still can have peace and silence to think and learn while being provided with a burst of awakening caffeine. Unlike alcoholic beverages, coffee can be consumed without mental alterations which allow stimulating contemplation, intimate conversation and friendly catching up devoid of regrettable confessions, altercations, or embarrassment.

Conversations over coffee are frequently had. At corporate meetings, coffee is expectedly provided. After desert, coffee is always welcomed. During the entertainment of company, coffee is predictably offered. Throughout the ages, drinking coffee has been a regularly upheld tradition. With such a high demand, it is not hard to believe that coffee is the most consumed beverage in the world.

I believe in the tradition of coffee. I drink coffee in the morning to wake me up. I drink coffee in the afternoon to keep me going. I drink coffee at night to give me a zip during finals week so that I can study longer. But most importantly, I drink coffee with friends and family to slow down and remember what is really important.