Taylor - Cabot, Arkansas
Themes: patriotism

Why I Am an American Patriot

I am an American Patriot because I am one who loves and zealously supports my own country! Even though I was originally born in Germany, I live for and devote my life to the United States of America.

My dad is in the U.S. Army and this is a big interest in my life. My family has lived all over the world. I have been raised to honor and support my country and that is what I’ve done as we have traveled the globe for each new place we’ve called home.

My mom is a first grade teacher. She does her best to instill patriotism in the very young. She not only teaches reading, writing, and arithmetic, but she is a big influence in those small minds of how to show loyalty and respect for where you come from.

I also follow my big brother into a country of great opportunities for learning and succeeding in life. Every Friday night he puts on a red uniform and is part of a team that fights for a common goal. I see his strong sense of respect and loyalty of being part of something bigger than himself and he helps me grow in those things that I feel so strongly about.

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love to see all the American flags out on people’s front porches and listen to the loud display of fireworks as we celebrate the USA’s freedom. Showing my patriotism on this day gives me great pride!

As I continue on my way to adulthood, I learn more and more about this great country that I get to call “mine”. I am so very proud of my upbringing and of the many people from long ago and from the present who so diligently strive to maintain our freedom. I am an American Patriot and very proud to let everyone know it!