Finding that Special Someone

Abbie - Minneapolis, Minnesota
Themes: love

10th Grade Gym. We were in the weight room to do some weight training and I saw him walking around, trying to see if he could offer assistance to the other students. I always enjoyed pushing some weight on the leg press and I thought to myself, “If I just sit here acting all helpless, maybe he will come over and try to help me and hopefully talk to me.” That’s all I wanted was for him to talk to me. He came over cause he saw me looking at him in a “Come here I want to talk to you” kind of way. I was giving a look with my eyes and they looked really happy and luring. He came over and asked me if I needed some help. All I could do was just stand there looking into his deep, passionate, entrancing, brown eyes. Then I told him that the weight pin was stuck, and that I needed someone to spot me. So he helped me with that. Then sadly our moment had to come to an excruciating finish when the gym teacher said it was time to head back to class. We said our goodbye and that was that. I looked for him all throughout the year, just hoping I could have run into him to say “Hi” and maybe talk a little more. But I didn’t, not until our junior year, 1 year later.

Anyone can have an experience like the one I had at least once in his or her life, or even more than once. This is what I believe. All anyone has to really do is have the incentive to get up and go look and just to want it. Many people think that they will never find the one person that just takes their breath away, and has a place in their heart for them to have and hold for the rest of their life, the one person they know they will still be in love with for the next 50 years. I think that every person thinks about this person more than they’d like to admit.

I understand that people mature and some things change, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t still have someone out there for them. No matter what people want at whatever time they can still find someone for themselves. It may not be the one person they want to stay with forever, but it’s still a person who makes them feel like they could spend the rest of your life with them and that’s really all that matters. As long as people can find at least one person who makes them feel that way I believe that it should be enough incentive and enough to give them hope to find the permanent someone for them. Everyone just has to want it and have their own personal incentive to get out there and look and if you don’t really want to find someone, everyone knows that people can’t force others to find that person. I personally think everyone should try to find that person because it’s a wonderful experience to go through whether you are straight, bisexual, gay, or lesbian, it’s a wonderful thing.