Greg - Pembroke Pines, Florida

I believe the people you associate yourself with have the ability to change your life.

By: Greg Spadaccini

When finally making the decision to stand up for myself and stop running around with the wrong crowds was when my life changed. I was hanging out with people who were going to lug me into jail with them or get me killed. People that led me into a life full of drugs and alcohol were the people I called friends.

After participating in golf, basketball, and tennis rather than going to parties, getting dunk, and getting in trouble, was when I made the decision to disassociate myself with the wrong crowd. I found a group of people that wasn’t going to drag me down the wrong road. They were there for me in times of need and encouraged me to go to college and make a change.

I now find myself at Queens University of Charlotte, coming here not knowing a sole and having the opportunity to meet some genuine new people who will lead me in a safe direction. If it wasn’t for the group of people that encouraged me to go to college and make that change, I wouldn’t have the slightest idea as to where I would be now or what might future might be.

Instead of being drunk at a party and doing nothing with my life, I now find myself in the library with a study group, something I never would have imagined had I not changed.

I believe the most important decision you can make is who to call your friends. He or she can make you a different person, a better person, and lead you on the right path in life. I believe that you can’t call someone a friend just because you associate yourself with him or her. When someone looks out for your well being and is there in times of need is when you can call him or her your friend. Most importantly, I believe you have to take the time to make sure someone is going to look after you, and when you find that person, you have to hang on to him or her because he or she will do only positive things for you.