Alex - Frankfort, Kentucky
Themes: carpe diem

So it’s my senior year, and I have been thinking what has happened over the past few years to make me believe something… the answer? A lot! I believe that smoking in the bathrooms is gross, I believe that love isn’t realistic in high school, I believe that girls and guys CAN just be friends, and above all I believe that time goes by entirely too fast when you are having fun!

It seems like just yesterday when I was walking through the big glass doors of my high school as a freshman, and now, I am walking through them as a senior. So many things have happened over the past few years! Things like boyfriends, and school dances. Things like volleyball, and soccer games. And, of course, friends and foes.

But how can these simple things make four years fly by in an instant? The only thing that I can think of that might be the cause of this phenomenon is that we are having way too much fun! No matter how many people say they hate high school, you really can’t. How can you hate such a big part of your life? High school has its ups and downs, but all in all, it is where you have a huge amount of fun! No one can say that you have never laughed at the writing in the bathrooms, or at the stupid fights that go on in the hallway. High school is a comedy filled with plot twist after plot twist!

In high school you not only learn about history and biology, but you learn about who you are. For example: as a freshman, I was as shy as shy came! I was so shy that I wouldn’t let myself have any fun! I would walk through the halls, looking at the floor, just wanting to be a wallflower. And now as a senior, I hold my head high, and want people to wave and say hi to me in the halls. Because of everything that I have been through in high school, I can honestly say that I am proud to be the person that I am.

Psst… guess what…I’m having tons of fun!

You know, time really does fly past you. When people say that they are bored in school, I now know that I can just laugh at them because they are making their life boring, and as you know, if you make your life boring, it seems to drag on. But if you keep you life going at a fast pace, and you have tons of fun in the process, you won’t know where it went. High school will be here today and gone tomorrow. If, that is, you let loose and just have some fun!

So this, this right here, is what I believe.

I believe that life goes by way too fast when you are having fun!