Raechel - New Market, Alabama

I believe in a creative imagination. Having a creative imagination helps you with mental thinking and just overall makes our world exciting. When I was younger, I was home schooled and did school for a few hours in the day and then had the rest of the day to do anything and back then TV wasn’t as exciting as it is now. So my sisters and brothers and I had to think of things to do. I can remember countless hours playing house in the playroom or tree house.

Playing house was a time to forget about the real world and being 6 years old. I could be a 35 year old woman with 2 children or a 45 year old with 4 children. I could be anyone I wanted to be. It didn’t matter. Of course there were the countless fights with my siblings of whom the mother was and who the baby was going to be. Playing in the tree house made it more real. We were away from the house and we were away from people who could tell us what to do. We got to have children and tell them what to do just like our mom or dad had done to us earlier that day. We got to pretend our neighbor was a witch and was trying to turn us into green goblins. We got to be famous cooks and make sandwiches out of the berries in our backyard. We always felt sorry for whoever was chosen to be the taster of our famous meals. My sister still makes comments and will never say anything good about my famous raspberry sandwich in which she was chosen to taste that day. Playing house is one of my favorite childhood memories.

Without a creative imagination, inventors wouldn’t have been able to invent the things that make our world easier. Football coaches couldn’t make plays other coaches would think about. Authors wouldn’t be able to come up with thousands of different stories. Movie writers wouldn’t be able to create different movies that keeps us coming back to watch. Basically without a creative imagination, our world would be boring.