Daniel - Fenton, Michigan

I believe in puking. Well not puking in itself but as a metaphor for trying myself and pushing to the limits. When I run a race, I run for those limits and do the best that I can. As one anonymous person once said, “Try and fail, but don’t fail to try.” This helps because it tells that, no matter what, the most that one can personally do is a remarkable thing for oneself.

Even though not everyone will run or do vigorous physical sports, this can apply to everyday life and activities. When I do anything from a cross-country race to a school essay, I try to do the best that I can possibly accomplish. Even though it might not end up as at the fastest race time or the best paper ever written, it will always be my best.

When I see people who just blow off an assignment or just give up on something I feel sorry for them. Sorry that they will never reach their complete potential. When I see these people I know that I will by no means be one of these people, and that I will always reach my potential. Then when I have finished an undertaking of a sort and I know that I have done the most that I can, a sort of balloon of euphoria and good feeling arises in me!

So when I puke, sure I feel horrible and just I want to collapse; nonetheless I also feel great for having completed whatever I was doing. Similarly when I write an essay or finish a project, I feel exhausted yet, great for at last finishing my assignment.

When I begin anything I strive for excellence, because I recognize that simply, once I finish I will feel good about myself. Isn’t that what makes everything worth doing? Doing the best one can and in turn feeling good about oneself is what makes life worth living. All in all if you can do your best and give it your all you can live to the utmost extent.

With this I know that no matter what, When I give it my all I will always succeed. When everyone gives it their unsurpassed finest then great things will happen. I believe in puking because when limits are reached there’s no telling what can happen.

This I believe.