Harold - San Antonio, Texas
Themes: addiction

I played a video game for 2 and ½ years. 7 days a week, at least 2 hours each day. I believe in something, and that something is Video Game Addiction.

It had started the Christmas of my 8th grade year. Some people I was hanging out with were playing this one game, one in particular that I had never heard of before. So despite how lackluster it sounded and it being expensive, I got it and began playing it. At first I didn’t play it much, because I hated it and it was very boring, but then after the first week I all of the sudden was sucked into the game, and began playing all day. For the next 3 months I had played the computer every hour I could. When summer came around, I played almost 10 hours a day. Whenever my friends would come over and ask me to come play basketball or just hang out, I would think up some silly excuse just to stay inside and play my video game. My social life was decimated, and for some reason this issue did not come across my mind.

For the first year this went on, gradually letting up and hanging out with some of my computer friends I had made ties with mostly because we were playing that video game, but I was still very addicted to the game. Not until the end of my sophomore year summer did I quit playing the game, and am trying not to go back to that stage in my life ever again, and am avoiding any games in the same genre as the last one.

I have had my relations with Video Game Addiction first hand, and I understand the effects it can do to you.