maria - schertz, Texas
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in the importance of life and death. So many of us go throughout life taking it for granted, we fail to realize the value of our existence. We fail to realize how many people around us love us and look up to us. Just recently I had a friend die. He was fairly young for death. So many of us cried, I think just about our whole school. In fact . . . if I really think about it I don’t believe that he knew how many people cared about him. Imagine . . . dying and coming back just for a split second, do you think that people would be crying for you? No doubt. He was such a kind guy, and he never judged people. My mom always told me that everyone must die . . . it isn’t our choice. It’s all up to god. But it is at times like these that I think that could have happened to me . . . it could have happened to anyone. My friend joked around with me saying that well he is the lucky one . . . he is the one that got out of this cruel world. In a way I do agree with her. He was very lucky. But it is those whom he left behind who are crying and sad now. There is a saying . . . we all started dying the moment we were born. That makes me question . . . is it after death that we start living? I am not sure . . . but right now . . . all I want to do is live life to its fullest. Everyone must die, but it is up to you to make your life worth talking about. It is up to you to die with dignity. And it is up to you to make your life count for something. No one knows what happens after death, but we do know what happens during life. So all we have to do is live every moment with pride. Do not give up. And share love with one another.