Beverly - Petoskey 49770, Michigan

As I have my morning coffee, my cat Maxx, comes around the corner and greets me with a squeaky meow. I’m not sure if he is upset that I’m up so early or if he truly is happy to see me. My usual greeting to him is a snap of my fingers. I was only half expecting him to trot over so I can pet him on the back. As normal, he looks at me as if I am a fool for trying. I truly believe that cats have lived a previous life.

I’ve always wondered about the cats that I’ve had, they seem to act as if they were people in a previous life. My cat always seems as if he has an agenda for me as soon as he sees me in the morning. Maxx will always be attentive if his food dish is empty in the morning. His meowing and pacing between my feet are ways for him to get my attention, as if something was wrong. Letting me stroke his back he runs towards the kitchen, this is his way of telling me that he wants breakfast. With his breakfast satisfactorily taken care of, his next agenda will be to read the morning paper. Sitting down with my second cup of coffee and the paper spread out in front of me on the kitchen table, Maxx will interrupt my reading by jumping on to my chair. Thinking maybe he wants some attention, I let him sit on my lap. Before I know it, he is on the table pawing at the paper as if he has read a story and needs the page turned to get to a new story. Once my morning coffee has been finished and I’m ready to start my day Maxx jumps to floor with the ease of a gymnast. Stretching every joint in his body as if he is preparing for his morning workout, he gives me another squeaky meow and scampers off to his favorite chair. Moments later he returns, with a swish of his tail against my pant leg and a screeched meow from his ferocious looking face, there must be another task my feline friend has in store for me. Following Maxx to his worn leather chair, he brings it to my attention that his blanket has become unmanageable. I refold his blanket so can he lay on it without creases on his silky black fur. Inspecting the overstuffed and well used leather lounger, Maxx made two circles in a clockwise direction and then a circle counterclockwise. With a yawn showing every tooth and a growling meow, I believe this feline has told me to wake him up at lunch.