Neil - San Antonio, Texas

I believe in being yourself

Most people in the world don’t have the guts to them selves. One of the reasons I think people try to be like other people is that they are scared of what other people think about them. How can people be there own person when all they think about is what other people are thinking and doing? For example, how people dress all gangster, who have never been through anything hard in their life.

Hypocrites are the people who fool others the most. For example I met a person who seemed to be honest and true. My cousin and I were just hanging out at our other friend’s house. We stayed there for about two hours, but we started getting hungry. So we hopped in the car and drove back to my cousin’s house to get a bit to eat. A couple hours later we get a call from the police saying that they wanted us to go downtown to the police department to talk about our friend that we had just been hanging out with. So we take a quick ride down to the station. When we get there they start asking us questions like, how long have you known him and if I knew about the things he has done. Of course I had no idea what he is talking about. So he told me that he has a warrant out for his arrest and the charges were drug trafficking, kidnapping and assault. As soon as I heard that jaw hit the ground. Because I remembered all of his random lectures that sometimes lasted for hours, on how not to screw my life up. But the funny thing was is that he never had mentioned anything about what he has done. He used to tell us how he stayed out of trouble and how his life was where he wanted it to be because of the choices he had made early in life.

Turns out most people cant be true to themselves or that they just don’t know how to. And that’s why I believe in being you.