Jazmin - Corona, California
Themes: family, peace

I believe in a world where no one gets hurt. Where I don’t see people crying because their loved one was killed. A world where violence doesn’t exist. Every now and then I see gangs, thugs, robbers, murderers, people that are involved in a type of violence and it hurts me. They don’t realize that they are setting a very bad example for other people, like kids.

I’ve seen people beaten, cut, burned, and killed on the news and it pains me to know that I live in a world like this. Before I used to take it for granted until recently. My little brother didn’t really have any friends, or people to talk to. He would always do his homework, never say bad words, never talk back to people, or ever start fights, he would always follow the rules. He was a good kid, but I guess his classmates thought otherwise. Everyday, after school, I would see my brother come home from school crying and angry. He would tell me that some kids at school would throw stuff at him, call him names, push him around, and hit him.

I cried every night , wondering what my brother did to deserve this. My father also encountered trouble at his work, some customer decided to get a rise out of my dad and punches him. Unlike my brother, my dad was able to defend himself and teach that guy a lesson. What my dad didn’t now was that the guy had a knife. If my dad hadn’t defended himself, he would’ve died. Sometimes I believe that one day I’ll wake up from this horrible nightmare and everyday would b a non-violent day. Each day I try to befriend someone new, I try to “increase the peace” as I call it. I just wish that there was a world where I heard no screaming, heard no crying, or witness violence in general. Sometimes I wish there was a world where we wouldn’t have to solve our problems or anger with our fists. I believe that we an become people who live in a non-violence community. If only we could have a day where no one got hurt, and that would be nice for a change.