I Believe in Honesty

Nickolas - San Antonio, Texas
Themes: integrity

I believe in honesty. If there is one thing that people should always be true to it has to be their word. Many of the world’s problems could be solved so much easier if people were just honest. Honesty could do something as small as saving a relationship between two people or something as big as saving two countries from going to war.

When you actually think about it honesty is the base of pretty much all relationships. You have friends because you and they have things in common or things you enjoy about each other. If you were not honest about your common interest and personality what is the purpose of that friendship? In a reverse situation you could keep the same group of friends your whole life if you were always honest with them. They would know exactly who you are and like you for being that person and nobody else. You would not have to pretend to be somebody that you were not. There has been so many times where people have professed one thing to me and then turned around a short time later and did the opposite. Many of these people I have grown out of touch with because they are not the same person I called my friend. The privileges I get from my parents are solely based on honesty. If they know that they can trust me wherever I am going then I get to go more places and stay out to later times. If that trust is broken then how do they know I am where I say I am or if I do what I say I do?

If you want your relationships with people to be enjoyable and long lasting you should believe in honesty too. There is no replacement for being exactly who you are because in the words of Dr. Seuss, “Be your self and act the way you are because those who matter don’t mind and those who mind don’t matter.”