Wayne - San Antonio, Texas
Themes: Christianity

What do I believe?

I know that I believe in Jesus Christ. But, is that all?

Sometimes in churches, to reaffirm our beliefs, we recite the Apostle’s Creed. “I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth…” However, by simply reciting a certain creed over and over again, what do I get out of it?

Words without any particular meanings?

Or the true, actual religion that is inside of the words and the phrases?

I grew up in an environment where church is just as important as anything else, and I have always enjoyed going to Sunday Schools and fellowships and such. I can also say that I learned a lot about “Church History” from the years that I attended Sunday Schools. But just what am I getting out of it? There should be more besides memorizing some creed or knowing all the Bible verses. Knowing all the laws and the verses is great, but if I know these and nothing else then I am no more than a Pharisee. Saying that I believe in Jesus Christ and Holy Trinity is easy to do, but how do I know if I really do believe in it?

Sometimes unconsciously or consciously, what we say does not exactly represent the actions that we take. Sometimes, it even reaches the point that others might view you as a hypocrite. If I say I believe in something, how should I represent this belief? For me, to truly believe, I show to people what I believe by living my belief and taking action. For example, I would be involved in some evangelization group or basically, be a bit more than a simple regular church attendee. This way, I show to people that I am what I claim to believe. Not just religions, but I think anything else can be applied to where more actions taken shows your true belief.

Now I know what I believe. I believe in the Holy Spirit, I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord. Aside from these, I also believe that initiation leads to success, and only that leads to a true belief that you would not have reached thus far.