Soul Mates

Kathryn - San Antonio, Texas
Themes: love

Most people believe that your soul mate is someone that you marry, or that has been in the majority of your life. I believe a soul mate is someone who you share an indescribable vibe and connection with, and will remain in your life forever. A soul mate is someone who can come in your life at any time, and be anything you want them to be. I believe everyone has a soul mate. Whether or not you find them in your life time is a different topic.

As corny it sounds, we have had a connection since the day we first met. We soon became inseparable. It seemed as if all of our walls of insecurity and doubt unknowingly came down when we were with each other, which gave us the opportunity to experience who each other truly were.

Something then happened a few months later that tested the greatness of our friendship and relationship. He moved to Florida. At first I believed that he would soon forget about me, and I would be nothing more than a distant memory. Shockingly, we stayed together for another 8 months with few problems. We saw each other every couple of months, which was hard, but made me truly understand the phrase “Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” This past March, someone came into his life that demanded my spot. It tore us apart for about a month, but then somehow turned around and made us even stronger. Because of that incident, we have been stronger than ever and have learned that we were put into each others lives to stay in each others lives.

This person has been in my life for almost a year and a half now. He has always been there for me and supported me 100%. He’s been there with a shoulder when everything in my life seems to crumble down. He knows exactly what to say to make me smile. We finish each others sentences, and know exactly what the other person is thinking at any given time. We have managed to fight through a separation of over a thousand miles for months on end, and have been through many, some would say, unforgivable situations. He is the one person in this world that I can say knows everything about me. He is my best friend, my love, and my soul mate.

We have come to the conclusion that we were meant to be in each others lives no matter what happens. Every time we would try to distance ourselves from each other, everything always seemed to go wrong. Though I’m young, I’m defiantly not naive. I have experienced many kinds of hurt and happiness that has made me mature much faster than others. My soul mate is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and has influenced who I am today. He is my soul mate, my best friend, my love, and my other half.