Dylan - San Antonio, Texas

I believe having one true friend is better than 100 fake ones. In high school many people will do anything just to be “popular”. As I have gone through the school system I have found that these “popular” people are always involved in conflict.

I have been friends with Cody since first grade. I know I can trust him with anything. I really think that the reason I have had such a good time in school and life in general is because I’m not involved in all the drama of the “popular” crowd. When I was in middle school I started trying to be popular and I started having tons of friends. I was invited to tons of parties and everything seemed great. Then, I found out people were talking behind my back. I was really upset. I couldn’t believe friends could do that to each other. It was then I started to realize that Cody was a better friend than all of those people put together.

As people get older I do think they try and find a couple true friends rather than tons of fake ones. People stop feeling the pressure to fit in and start wanting to be happy. Being happy is why I believe having one true friend is better than 100 fake ones.