Michael - San Antonio, Texas

I believe the modern youth of America is more intelligent about the world then past generations.

In today’s time we are more knowledgeable about where we live today then the past generations that lived in this country. We start learning about the world in elementary school; get more in-depth in high school. For example, in high school we get three years about history. First, we get a year of world geography, then we get a year of world history, then finally we learn about the United States. Then even after that we are encouraged to keep up with world affairs.

People in modern times that are my age understand what is happening so we can and do have conversations about what is happening in the U. S., stereotype of the ‘ignorant American’. We know where location of many cities and countries are located around the world. We also know the basic history of the world.

This knowledge makes us aware of what goes on in our country and how we affect the other parts of the world. The fact that we do know so much and keep up with it disproves the ‘stupid America’ concept. Even though we have people in this country who are ignorant they are all not stupid. I have even read people who stereotype us with books on how we don’t think that we are ware of our world, that our schools don’t teach us anything about the world.

We are the most intelligent because of the knowledge we acquire, the information we have access to, and the understanding we form in this day in age.