Robert - San Antonio, Texas

I believe in technology. I believe in anything that benefits mankind.Such inventions like the compute, the steam engine, and the automobile have made us who we are today. Technology involves the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science. Without this knowledge, our lives would take a drastic turn for the worse.

A normal American person wakes up in the morning to their radio. They then go to make breakfast with their oven. Before leaving home in their automobile, the much-needed coffee fills their mug. Each of these morning activities would not take place it technology did not exist.

Technology not only makes life easier, but also more enjoyable. Haven’t talked to a friend in a while? Flip open the cell phone and send them a friendly text. Even better, turn on your computer and send them an e-mail. Human connections depend on technology, and with this increase in networking come mixing of cultures. Technology equals networking, networking equals human interaction, and human interaction equals more inventing. It’s this everlasting cycle that fuels our society.

The process of technological breakthroughs is not only beneficial but also essential to the evolution of mankind. Without it, simple tasks like reading my paper would take much longer because you would not be able to read this if I wrote it by hand.