Audrey - San Antonio, Texas
Themes: pleasure

I believe in taking naps.

My day begins at 5:36 in the morning. I take a shower, eat breakfast, and grab my stuff while running out the door. By seven I am on the track, and by seven twenty I am in the dance studio ready for practice. The rest of the day I shuffle in and out of classrooms soaking up as much information as possible. After school, if I don’t have to go to any club meeting or up to the church, I go home. Around twelve thirty, I give up, get in bed, and wait for tomorrow.

I am a firm believer in commitment and dedication, in giving 100%. I learned that in all you do you should do it for the glory of God, so I don’t usually stop short by finding the easy way out. I try (to the best of my ability) to pay attention and actively participate in class. I study and review my notes and textbooks and always take advantage of extra-credit. I’m there for my friends and family, and I’m even a leader in my community.

The only way for me to keep chugging along, keep moving, keep breathing, is to keep my daily appointment with a pillow. Whether ten minutes or two hours, I require that little moment of rest that revitalizes my spirit. Some people find peace in coffee, or television, or nature, or music, but nothing keeps me ticking like an allotted time slot and a place to rest my head.

Some people don’t understand why I readily fall asleep in the extra ten minutes of class or in the movie theaters, often missing the mid-section of the movie, or even, on occasion, behind the soft coo of the engine of my Explorer. But, I know that no matter where I am or who’s watching, tomorrow my alarm clock will ring at 5:36 and I will give nothing less than 100%. So for me, a nap of any size, shape or form, is not only believed in, but welcomed and embraced. I love my naps, and without them I am not me.