Allison - San Antonio, Texas

I believe that decisions matter

I believe that decisions matter even at a young age. I have gone through life asking myself, “am I making the right choice?” I have wondered what might have happened if I kept going to Stinson Middle School. Would I be the same person that I am today?

I think back and I’m glad I made the choice to go to Rawlinson Middle School and not stay at Stinson. I see my former Stinson Middle School classmates the girls at least and how they act that went to Stinson. I’m not sure that is the kind of person I want to be. They all think about product and what you wear and things like that. Me, I’m not like that at all. Sure, I care about what I wear, but I don’t want to feel as if I have to wear some kind of “brand” just to fit in. Or have to be or act some way just because another person is like that.

I do believe I made the right choice in my life at that point. I choose to be the person I am today and not some fake person. I am happy with my choice and with the person I am today.

I believe this has helped me look at things different in my life in many ways.

I believe that my huge decision at such a young age helped me to be the type of person that doesn’t judge a book by its cover.