Jordan - San Antonio, Texas

I believe that marriage is for a man and woman. It is not for gay men or gay women.

I have no problem with gay individuals. They are human beings as well. I do not see them as a lesser person just because of their sexual orientation.

However, I happen to be a strong believer in God and His Word. I do not take every word in the bible literally, but I do believe it says that marriage is for a man and woman so that they can be fruitful and multiply. It is not naturally possible for a gay couple to give birth to children.

On the other hand, I believe a homosexual couple can be just as loving and caring to children as any heterosexual couple. Yet, I think it can be a damaging realization for the children to have two “mothers” or two “fathers.” In my opinion, a child needs to have a strong masculine guidance, as well as a strong female guidance. This balance is the best way to raise and shape the child’s viewpoint and perspective of the world.

I realize that the basis of my argument can be challenged as to what a person religiously believes in. God gave everyone a chance to believe in what one wants. But I believe that gay couples should not be allowed to legally get married. This right should be exclusive for a man and a woman. I believe in God. I do not believe in homosexual marriage.