Monica - Corona, California

“This I Believe”

My life is powered by music. Before I do anything else in the morning the first thing I do is push play on my already on CD player. It wakes me up, gets me ready for the day. While I am getting ready I am quietly singing along to my favorite songs, making sure not to wake up anyone. When I don’t start the day off with music it is like not eating breakfast. In the car, my Dad, brother and I head off for school. It is my favorite time of the day. I play a different CD my Dad enjoys. We sing along to it. I am fortunate my Dad also enjoys and appreciates music. We have tons of fun.

I believe in music and the power it has to completely fill your soul. Nobody can take away music. That one CD or song you turn to when you are feeling down is so familiar it is amazing how comforting it can be. When I am having a bad day and I will listen to one song and it will make me feel ten times better. But, I don’t have to be sad to enjoy music. To be honest, I usually listen to music when I am happy or having a good day. It helps you have a good attitude for the rest of that day.

I believe in expressing yourself through music. I am in band, so I spend a lot of time around music. I enjoy just relaxing and playing fun tunes. It fills me. I love the feeling you get after you correctly play a piece of music your have been practicing on for days, that sense of accomplishment. In a world where everything is changing I know music is something that will always be there.