Tashi - Corona, California

I believe in my mother. I believe in her strength to overcome and her dedication and sacrifices- and there have been many of them- she has put into raising my brother and I. I believe any man can father a child, but it takes a special kind of soul to be a Dad. I believe not anyone can do this job, and I believe that when my birth father laughed at this job, threw it away, and took off without looking back, my mother put a mask on to hide her shame and disappointment and covered her mask with a smile, and she picked up this job and held onto it tightly- and has never let go. I believe it is impossible that she is content with how her life has played out and what she was left with, and I believe she never imagined her life this way when she pictured her future life many years ago. However, I believe she is a beautiful person for carrying out her duties and showing all the love she could to my brother and I- love that I am sure time and time again was forced, but love that at the root is actually true and real. I do believe that she wouldn’t change her life and the flaws to do with it even if she could. I believe she has done more for us than she has needed to do, and for that I respect her. I believe she has tried her hardest when even others told her to give up. I believe my mother has a heart of gold and the strength of a lion, and the wits of a con man. I believe she can do anything she wants to do, so long as she doesn’t allow others who are less driven to hold her back. I believe, from experiences, that any person can come into your life and claim to love you or be something that you never had, and I believe anyone can easily say, “I will always be there.” I believe though, that they could be wrong. They can up and leave just as easy and the person prior to them did, and the person prior to him. Sadly, I believe people like this are cowards, because I believe that if you are going to say something you better mean it and you better not break that promise. I believe they can think they love you and treat you as their own, but when their benefits are gone, so are they. My mother, though, her benefits have run out long ago, benefits which turned to obligations and sacrifices, and hardships, yet she has so tightly and lovingly held on to this job which my birthfather so comfortably threw away, because she knew it was the right thing. I believe she cared then and cares now more than any other person ever will, or can, or think they do, and for that, I believe in my mother. For that, I believe my mother is a beautiful person. For that, I believe my mother is the greatest thing that ever happened to me and my brother.