Sandra - Corona, CA, California
Themes: Christianity

I believe that the Lord works in mysterious ways. The faith I have in him grows stronger each and everyday. The inspiration He has given me is much more than that; it’s a way if living. I believe that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I am a Catholic even though I stray from my post as a Catholic here and there, which I am not happy about. God has been with me my whole life and I just realized that not too long ago. It all started at a youth convention I went to, and it took place in Six Flags. I’m not going to lie, but I was just mainly going for the rides, for the new Tatsu ride that had just opened. When the time came to go to mass I actually enjoyed it. I saw thousands of teenagers my age that came from all over California, even teenagers who came from Arizona, and Texas. There was a lot of enthusiasm from my peers that I didn’t expect. When mass was over we were able to go back on the rides, and after an hour or so we then waited in line to get ready for adoration. I had never experienced adoration like that in my life before. It was amazing, I let everything pour out and I know He was listening to me, I know He was there. If there was anything I learned from that night, it was to put others before myself. That night, I prayed for my friends, my family, and the wonderful life I have and everyone in my life as well, all thanks to Him. But most of all, I prayed for my grandpa, who was very ill at the time. He was diagnosed a while back with diabetes, a few weeks later doctors said that he had to have his leg amputated. He was very weak and it saddened me to hear all of this. I wouldn’t accept the fact that doctors would say that this was it for him, my grandma would say to me to be strong, but I confused to see him so weak. I remember him saying to me to never give up, but it hurt to see him welcome defeat. I prayed from the bottom of my heart, and poured all my heart out to God, I prayed for his health, I prayed that he would at least see another day, that my grandma would get another day with him and get to hear an “I love you” from him. A couple days after, it was a miracle. He had gotten a bit better, and I was sure God had heard my prayers. The doctors were even surprised to see him better, and from that moment on I knew God listens to ones prayer. I realized that He’ll do anything for anyone if they truly pray from their bottom of their hearts, and believe that He can help us, that if you really do believe he will never abandon you; He will do what you ask of him, and this I believe.