Kelly - Corona, California

There are so many people in this world today that suffer from self mutilations (cutting), eating disorders, or struggle with their life at home. These people should not be ignored or forgotten. This is a topic that I strongly believe in; that people should be helping and lifting up others that who have these problems. Many times, if a friend or loved one gets caught up in hurting themselves in these ways, no one is there to help them through it. No one seems to care or tries to help if they do care, they just live their lives feeling sorry for those who are in need of support.

I strongly believe in this matter of helping others out because there are loved ones in my life that struggle from cutting themselves or have an eating disorder. They need true friends who will always be there for them; true friends that will never let them down no matter what is going on in their lives. When I see people that are hurting, but there is no one there for them, it makes me want to do something that will help them.

I think one of the biggest reasons why some people are afraid to help those is need of support, is that they think that their friend will not listen or turn them away. Some situations will be so serious, that they end result might even lead to death. If someone’s life is taken by cutting or starvation, so many people would wish that they would have done something sooner for that person to prevent the death. Instead of waiting until something like that happens, they should have people all around them that are constantly supporting them and helping them through the tough times in their life. I believe that in order to help friends through the times in which they are in need of help, true friends need to always be there for them and help them before it is too late.