Ujin - corona, California

I trust that God has created man equally in all aspects. Every individual has unique qualities and he or she may excel in one area and lack in another, but generally all these positive and negative values will add up to the same sum. I believe that everyone has the chance to thrive in this time of humanity. I have gained this wisdom from personal experience and observation.

In the former years of my life, I have been known to be the religious girl and I believed in God’s words similar to how a child believes whatever their parent say. When I became aware of my surroundings, I started to question how everyone in this world is equal if there are people starving in third world countries. If someone was wealthy, beautiful, and intelligent… how come I am not as fortunate as he or she? How do they have it all when other people have absolutely nothing?

My personal experiences have lead me to an answer. I have an older sister who excels in practically everything she sets her mind to. She has been praised and idolized by acquaintances and even my very own friends. I couldn’t deal with the fact that my sister was so skillful when I can’t find one talent to be acknowledged for. I felt as if people expected such brilliance to come from me as well. Inferiority dominated my life and became the dictator of my character. It affected me academically and socially because I could not reveal who I really am to others because I was afraid that they would be disappointed by the contrast of my sister’s personality and myself. After several years, I realized that I am only harming myself and I do not gain any importance from the self-pity I have been inflicting over the years. I have come to the conclusion that I am an individual. I am my own human being. My sister can influence me, but I am my own person. I have complete control over who I am and who I will become. Even though I do not possess musical talent or extraordinary abilities, I have the power to control my future. Now that is more powerful than any other skill known to man. Therefore, I believe that every human being has been created equal and that we all have the ability to be as marvelous as any other person.