Fernanda - Corona, California

Everyone has his or her own beliefs. One of my greatest beliefs in life is to touch other people’s lives. People cross our paths’ for specific reasons. Whether you notice it or not, each and every person you meet, talk to, look at, does something that has a lasting effect on you. Life has its ups and downs and each one of us depend on those around us to give us the support we need to keep going, or to simply be lifted up when the road in front of us is a little foggy.

The smallest gesture a person does can brighten your day; a simple “hi” may be just what you need at that time to feel alive and an important piece in the puzzle of life. Any ordinary person has the potential to change a nation and improve the world. Take Martin Luther King for instance, he forced people to reconsider their one single way of judging people to accepting diversity. People come to this earth to go through experiences that will allow them to be happy, and this is achieved as we share what we have with others. I can vividly remember the kindness of a stranger at an uncertain stage in my life. It was a time when I found myself in deep loneliness and everything looked and seemed a little blurry. Through the kindness of this person who befriended me and gave me the confidence I needed at the time, I was able to find more life long friends and look at life from a different perspective. I am eternally grateful for this person and the impact she had in my life. I now know that I to, should look for opportunities to change other people’s lives for the better as others have done for my life. The trials and turns in my life have made me a great believer in changing lives.

I do believe in the special miracle of living happy lives. Life is a gift that is so frequently disregarded and taken for granted. Many people do not realize how fortunate it is to be alive, to have enough air to breathe in daily and for having the opportunity to thrive. There is so much violence, so much hate and disgust in the world today that they seem to be taking priority in our lives in such a way that the real purpose of life is forgotten—learning from our mistakes and using what we learn to make this world a better place. Life is very fragile and every minute of it should be used to love and enjoy each other. We should live out our life as if the end will be tomorrow. Take the chance to talk to someone you have never met; give love to those who need it, be strong and shake off the insignificant things. Go the extra mile in all that you do and live life with no regrets. Do not dwell on the past envision a happier future. Life is too short to be wasted so laugh too hard, cry too much, be dumb at times, and have all the fun you want. Be all that you can be. Sore to new heights and do not be scared to fall down-as someone once said, we should always shoot for the moon because even if we miss we will land among the stars.