Matt - Corona, California
Themes: work

When I was younger, at the end of football practice, my football coach would always make us say, “Everyday in everyway we get a little better.” This is the way I strive to live my life. I am always doing whatever it takes to get better everyday. i try to learn from each experience, weather it be school, sports, or just life in general. I take pride in everything that I do, and it give me great pleasure when I can see myself growing and improving. Every time I mess up, I take that experience, learn from it, and do better the next time. On the door of our wrestling room, it says, I was good today, I’ll be better tomorrow.” I try to make this come true everyday, I am always looking for ways to become better. Whether it be on or off the mat, I love to look back and see how far I have come in such a short period of time.

I believe that there is no better feeling than the one you get from hard work. When you have poured your heart and soul into something and gave it everything you had, it makes achieving your goals so much better. I think that hard work makes everything so much sweeter. Without hard work, the achievement has no meaning, but when you have worked so hard that goal and you finally achieve it, it is so much better. When you achieve a goal without any effort you don’t really care because it came easily. It is so much different, when you have spent endless day, months, and even years striving to achieve this goal. When you finally do you feel satisfied and all that work is worth it. For this I believe in hard work and striving everyday to be the best you can.