Bryann - Corona, California

I believe immigrants, for example Mexicans should be allowed to come to the United States of America. They should be able to start a new life here. They should not need to worry about getting deported because they have no green card, or papers. I believe people shouldn’t judge them by looks because when people think of Mexico, they think of only the bad parts of the and only think of the negative things, such as robbing, rapes, fighting, murdering, etc. People need to stop being so ignorant and take the time to look into the country and visit the friendly places. They not to not judge by what they see on movies or read about in fictional books.

I believe my Mexican friends, who I will keep anonymous, should be allowed to get a license like others. For example, I know someone who was driving one day and he got hit by another driver, and instead of staying and getting the guy’s information, he had to run away from the scene because of the other driver’s idiotic driving, and if he were to stay the police would get there and ask for his information, but he would have none to show. So I believe we should all be treated equal and punished equal, not the ones who are legal within the country get off with a warning and those who are not legal within the country be sent away, that I believe is very wrong because as the Declaration of Independence says, “We have the right to a Jury Trial.”

Ethnicity shouldn’t give people special treatment, because in reality we are all the same! We breathe, exhale, walk, run, eat, drink, work, and are similar in many other ways. Declaration of Independence also gives us freedom, free speech, and the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. So why do these things only count if you were born into the United States or have papers? I believe things should start changing, not just in California but all around and give everyone more equal rights.