Sebastian - Mclean, Virginia

I Believe

I believe in individuality and free thoughts. I believe in thinking outside of the box all the time and expressing your own thoughts. Some people say we are either leaders or followers. I believe different. I believe that we are all the leaders of ourselves and that we never have to follow anyone. The differences between us are the choices we make. Our differences are the opportunities that we give ourselves. I think I am different from everyone else. I believe that everyone has to make their choices, and that no one can make them for us. I am constantly asked why I do some the things that I do. It is because that is the way I am. Everyone can think. It is what we do with our thoughts that make each of us special individuals. We are all humans; we all should follow our own paths. I have wondered why I sometimes follow my friends in doing stupid stuff. If we follow other people we end up being mindless and powerless and we give up our most powerful weapon as humans, the power to be an individual. No one should be afraid to say what they want, to think what they want, or do what they want, this is how I try to model my life. Individuals think outside the box. I want to feel like there is no one who can hold me back. I think that no one should hold back from letting their ideas out because of what people think of them. If ideas aren’t presented then there is no moving forward. We can’t move into the future if we don’t think outside of the box. We have moved through the ages by using the ideas of individuals who thought and acted. Individuals like; Benjamin Franklin, Martin Luther King, Newton, Rosa Parks, Galileo, Aristotle, Einstein, Thomas Edison, Harriet Tubman, and many more people who pushed the world into new eras. I want to be like these people, we all have the power to change the world. If we all thought for ourselves we could all make incredible discoveries. If the children of today think individually like the people I mentioned, that we could accomplish anything. All dreams and hopes could turn into realities if we all think and act like individuals.