Lindsey - corona, California

One thing that I strongly believe in is that we need to reach out and help other.

My mom was fighting breast cancer for four years and in that time frame, we had so much support from other people. People that we were close with and some that we didn’t even know reached out to us and helped our family. I know that my mom could not have fought as long and as hard as she did without the support given to us. I think that all of those people gave us hope and made us feel so loved.

Our community really pulled together to help out my family, but it makes me think of all of the other families in our community that need help. I’m sure that there are so many other families in our community that need help and I hope that they have people reaching out and helping them just like we did. We were very fortunate to have that many people help us out, so what I want to do is use what it taught me to help others.

Now, that I know how it feels to have that many people care about you, I am going to show others how much I care. I would like to encourage others to do the same and help others out too. I believe that everyone feels so good when we help each other, so we should all do it more often.