Jania - kansas city,, Missouri
Themes: nature, pleasure

For someone my age it may seem unusual that I would rather sit in a park, room, or a car in silence; however, that is how I spend most of my unoccupied time. I believe in silent thought and that it is central for personal, emotional growth. A space for silence thought must be left my life.

Reflection is important for me; I do not see how I could better myself without setting aside time to think out what has happened in the day. Every day I take time to think about the events, and many of my beliefs are formed during the times of self meditation. These thoughts allow me to keep from saying what I should not and also realize the full impact of the words I have already spoken. Even though I know what has been said is said and words can not be taken back, the impact I discover during my quiet time allows me to make better decisions for the future.

Being plugged in 100 percent of time, whether it is by television, computer, or mp3 players many of today’s youth spend spare time with noise continuously in the background. Many people even sleep with a television or radio on in the background. Silence can be intimidating especially when in the technology age music is literally everywhere people are. However, sitting in quiet allows for thought and imagination which I can just not achieve in another way.

I believe in running without headphones, or doing homework without the television or radio on. Sometimes background noise is needed however everyone also needs quiet time in life. Taking the little moments in between class or on the way to work or school, with the radio or iPod turned off, can be a small way to think about everything that has happened in the day. I do not believe that a lot of time must be devoted to the quiet time I spend just a small amount each day when ever I find time.

For some it may be hard to be alone, to no longer have that background noise leaves a lonely feely, but also a time for one’s own thought, not those of others. I believe in each bored moment there is a lack of personal talk and that is because I like many am always surrounded by noise. I believe that each day time should be taken to enjoy what is around and what I have done that day.