Jeff - Riverside, California

I am a fifteen year old student named Jeff C–. I started playing golf since I was thirteen, and my dad and I practice golfing everyday. When I first started playing golf, I thought it was a lame and boring sport. In the beginning, my dad forced me to play golf everyday, then I started getting lessons. I slowly improved, and one year later, I was better than my dad. I believe in hard work, because the motivation from my dad put me in a position where I have to play golf for the rest of my life. My parents serve as such an important part of my life, because they pay for my lessons, drive me out to a golf range to practice everyday, and encourage me to do better when I’m exhausted. Sometimes, golf is like a rollercoaster because on certain days, I feel like a golf pro, but other days, I feel like a baby that is trying to hit balls. I hope my hard work of practice pays off in the end, because I would love to continue playing golf throughout high school, and hopefully join an University golf team. I hope to join a golf team in UCLA, because they have a terrific team. I try to maintain my GPA, and hope to do well on the SAT test. My parents expect a lot from me; it is not if I’m going to a four year college, it’s what UC college I’m going to. If I get a B on a test or homework, they get mad, make frowning faces, and say that I have to get straight A’s on everything. That can be really stressful, and I sometimes want to just give up work and play all day long. I want to give up, but I know that it is the wrong thing to do and he opposite way of being successful. If I work hard for four years in high school, I can get a good job and it wouldn’t be so hard to make money. If I slack off in work, do bad on tests, and ignore my teacher’s lectures for four years in high school, I’ll suffer later for the rest of my life. I choose the hard work in high school, because I’d rather live happily for the rest of my life.