Christopher - corona, California

I strongly believe motivation is the key to reaching the distant, or soon to come, goals in life. This simple feeling of inspiration and determination can do one’s self extraordinary possibilities.

My father is an extraordinary man. To him, my siblings and I are the cornerstones of his life. We are the reason why he wakes up at three in the morning almost every day of the week. This dreaded act is necessary, for his remote job is extremely far. Every single day that he comes home, which is usually around four P.M., no complaint is to come from his mouth. I do not think I have ever heard a complaint about his job. One day back when I was a youngling, I had received many poor test grades from my teacher. It was not because I did not understand the material, but it was because I just decided to slack off, beginning to think that school wasn’t all that important. Though I did not feel any sympathy about the grades that I received, I did feel sorrow for what my father told me when I came home from school that day. He had just got back from work and told me, “Keep doing well in school son, I am so proud to be your father.” What he had said almost crushed me. There I was not putting any effort into the pleasures of education while he puts 110% of himself into his job that he most likely does not enjoy. From that point on, my life flipped upside down. I have received straight A’s ever since that incident. My father is truly the motivation of my life.

Because of him, I too try not to complain.

I believe many people lack motivation in their lives. It is because of this, many are not content with what they are doing. I believe inspiration is one of the most important aspects of a person’s life. However, I find it quite depressing that some people fail to realize this philosophy. Motivation is everything. It helps achieve that Ph.D. you have always wanted. It drives you to find the guts to ask your dream girl out on a date. It helps you get through those three back-breaking jobs that you work day in and day out. It gets you through those three hour football practice under the blazing sun. It helps you understand that nothing is impossible. It is the essential source behind a person’s dream. Motivation is the key to unlocking the door of endless possibilities. This I believe dearly.